About the Symposium
The Pre-JAMP and Pre-Medical Symposium is a one-day FREE symposium intended for Texas residents who are high school juniors, seniors and college students who are interested in the field of medicine. We will provide informational workshops and optional activities for high school, undergraduate students and post-graduates interested in applying to medical school.
One of our goals is also to introduce these students to a pre-medical program called the Joint Admission Medical Program (JAMP). The Joint Admission Medical Program (JAMP) was created by the Texas Legislature to support and encourage highly qualified, economically disadvantaged Texas resident students pursuing a medical education.
The symposium will feature presentations by physicians, medical school faculty and staff on such topics as:
- The medical school admissions process
- Overview of the joint admission medical program (JAMP)
- Suturing & knot-tying workship
- College success workshops
- Medical professionals and student panels
- Motivational speakers
- Clinical skills demonstration
- Tour of the clinical learning resource center
- Health screening fair (sponsored by the latino medical student association)
- Continental breakfast and light lunch provided
Faculty, admissions representatives, and current JAMP medical students will be present and available to answer questions.
Symposium registration opens March 15th and will close on April 7th or once capacity is met.
Date: April 22, 2017
Time: 8:30a.m. – 2:30p.m.
Texas A&M Health Science Center
College of Medicine
Health Profession Education Building (HPEB)
8447 Riverside Pkwy
Bryan, TX 77807
If you need additional information, please email Betty Geiger or call (979) 436-0233
We look forward to seeing you at an exciting Symposium.