Baylor University Medical Center at Dallas (Baylor Dallas) is a nationally recognized faith based not-for-profit hospital that cares for more than 300,000 people each year. In 1903, the hospital opened with 25 beds; today it is a major patient care, teaching and research center for the Southwest. Baylor Dallas has 1,065 licensed beds and serves as the flagship hospital of Baylor Health Care System.
- 38,951 admissions (including newborns)
- 4,703 babies born
- 85,374 emergency room visits
- 216,794 outpatient visits (excluding emergency department)
- 73.7 percent occupancy rate
- 6.20 days, average length of patient’s stay
- 1,065 licensed beds
- 1,012 physicians
- 220 medical residents and fellows
- 5,500 employees
At Baylor Garland, you’ll find a depth of medical services often found in much larger medical facilities. Expect a refreshing balance of responsive care and forward thinking here, reflected in every aspect of care.
- Admissions (including newborns): 10,432
- Babies born: 1,337
- Emergency department: 61,887
- Outpatient visits (excl. home care and emergency department): 65,798
- Occupancy rate: 55.7%
- Average length of stay: 4.68 days
- Licensed beds: 240
- Physicians on medical staff: 582
- Full-time employees : 1,185
Cook Children’s Health Care System operates more than 60 pediatric medical and specialty clinic offices throughout Texas. The system has more than 4,000 employees and serves a primary area of six North Texas counties—Tarrant, Johnson, Hood, Parker, Wise and Denton with an additional 126-county referral market, encompassing 47 percent of the state.
- Founded in 1929
- Licensed for 318 beds; after current expansion, 428 beds
- Level II Pediatric Trauma
- Consistently named in the U.S. News and World Report Best Hospitals Guide
The Timberlawn Mental Health System is a comprehensive and integrated system of psychiatric and substance abuse services for adults, adolescents and children. Timberlawn is consistently considered among the best psychiatric treatment centers in the country. Timberlawn is the only psychiatric hospital in Texas to be recognized in the U.S. News and World Report list of top hospitals in the country.
Timberlawn Mental Health System offers a comprehensive range of care for children, adolescents and adults with psychiatric or substance abuse problems. Levels of care are available for every situation.
- Founded in 1971
- By end of WWII, national reputation in treatment of post-traumatic stress disorder in returning veterans
- Specialty programs—trauma, geriatrics, addiction, dual diagnosis
Serving North Texas and surrounding areas, UBH Denton has provided a range of programs treating mental health illnesses and substance abuse issues since 2005. Our inpatient and day hospital services offer supportive and compassionate care for children, adolescents, adults and mature adults through specialty programs that are tailored to meet the needs of our patients. Read our Mission Statement or Tour the Hospital to learn more.
To see a complete listing of affiliated sites visit the College of Medicine Campuses.