We've come a long way from the basement of the Teague Research Center in 1977 to the 132,000-square foot Health Professions Education Building on the Health Science Center's new Bryan campus today. We have always embraced the Aggie traditions of Selfless Service to the State of Texas and the Nation, and we believe in the other Aggie core values of Excellence, Integrity, Leadership, Loyalty and Respect. We do this by:
- Transforming our medical education curriculum so that we become the best medical education anywhere.
- Transforming research through our ties with Texas A&M University, our great affiliates in Temple, Dallas, the Texas Medical Center in Houston, Round Rock and Bryan/College Station.
- Emphasizing primary care and rural medicine in order to serve the needs of the state and the nation as a public medical school.
- Seeking diversity in our students and faculty to honor our obligation to train a workforce that mirrors the population it serves.
- Offering outstanding clinical training through the Baylor Scott & White system, Houston Methodist Hospital, the Central Texas Veteran’s Healthcare System, St. David’s and Seton systems, St. Joseph’s in Bryan and others.
- Creating a culture of excellence in all that we do.
We are well-positioned to continue to meet the multiple milestones set forth by the College of Medicine and the Texas A&M Health Science Center leadership, and our success is entirely dependent on our exceptional physicians, scientists, faculty and students.