What is the Employee of the Quarter Award?
This award recognizes and rewards employees of the Texas A&M University College of Medicine who consistently demonstrate exemplary service, commitment to job excellence, innovation and initiative, support a quality work environment, and go above and beyond the call of duty. The award is sponsored by the Office of the Dean.
Who is eligible for the award?
Employees eligible for this award must be a member of the College of Medicine staff (persons holding faculty rank are not eligible); be below the level of department or unit head, director or related titles and be budgeted at least 50% with the College of Medicine. Employees from all College of Medicine campuses are eligible. Employees are eligible for the award only once during a 12-month period. Student workers and graduate students are not eligible for the award.
How will recipients be recognized?
The individual selected for the Employee of the Quarter Award will receive a certificate and a $100 gift card to the venue of their choice.
In addition, employees will be recognized in the Dean's eNews.
How do I nominate an employee? Who can nominate?
To nominate an eligible employee for Employee of the Quarter, simply visit our online submission form, complete the form and click on the "submit" button at the bottom of the page. To be considered, nominees must be submitted before the deadline dates noted below. Nominees submitted after a deadline date will be considered for the next quarter. Nominations submitted are valid only for the quarter in which it is submitted.
What are the deadlines for nominating an employee for Employee of the Quarter?
1st Quarter -- September 26, 2014
2nd Quarter – December 19, 2014
3rd Quarter – March 27, 2015
4th Quarter – July 10, 2015
An anonymous committee appointed by the Dean, with representation from all College of Medicine campuses, will review and select the Employee of the Quarter. If you have any questions or if you need assistance, please contact the Office of the Dean.
Employee of the Quarter Online Submission Form
- First Quarter: Kevin Foskett, Medical Physiology
- First Quarter: Juanita McLachlan, Microbial Pathogenesis and Immunology
- Second Quarter: Natalie Williams, Business Affairs
- Third Quarter: Stacy DeLeon, Research & Graduate Studies
- Third Quarter: Joan Ison, Rural & Community Health Institute (RCHI)
- Fourth Quarter: Haley Williams, Neuroscience & Experimental Therapeutics
- First Quarter: Tina Mendoza, Department of Medical Physiology
- Second Quarter: Cari Cummings, Office of the Vice Dean - Temple Campus
- Third Quarter: Stephanie Hilliard, Medical Physiology
- Fourth Quarter: Michael Hawkins, Academic Technology
- Fourth Quarter: Paula McCarver, Department of Microbial and Molecular Pathogenesis
Note: At this point, the College of Medicine transitioned from awarding according to a calendar year to a fiscal year.
- First Quarter: Terrance McGee, Learning Resources
- Second Quarter: Vicki Pilsner, Office of the Dean - Round Rock Campus
- Third Quarter: Rebecca Baker, Office of Faculty Affairs - Bryan/College Station Campus
- Third Quarter: Cheryl Galindo, Internal Medicine - Temple Campus
- Fourth Quarter: Dana Gerlock, Family and Community Medicine
- First Quarter: Janis Chmiel, Molecular and Cellular Medicine
- Second Quarter: Annette Fincher, Neuroscience and Experimental Therapeutics
- Third Quarter: Valorie Chiasson, Internal Medicine
- Fourth Quarter: Rachel Levins, Research and Graduate Studies
- First Quarter: Stephanie Ruffin, Office of the Associate Dean- Round Rock Campus
- Second Quarter: Gabriel Frampton, Internal Medicine
- Third and Fourth Quarters: Danielle Dickey, Office of the Associate Dean - Bryan/College Station Campus and Winona Murphy, Family Medicine Residency
- First Quarter: Yuanlong Shao and Yiwei Miao, Wehner-Welch Research Laboratory
- Second Quarter: Loria Lynce, Business Affairs
- Third Quarter: Gerald Grimsley, Molecular and Cellular Medicine
- Fourth Quarter: Sara Stevens, Microbial and Molecular Pathogenesis
- First Quarter: Pam Baker, Learning Resources
- Second Quarter: Marie Parmer, Temple Dean's Office
- Third Quarter: Bobbie Ann White, Learning Resources
- Fourth Quarter: Lyndsey Owens, Business Affairs
- First Quarter: Pedro Herrejon, Facilities
- Second Quarter: Jiang Wei, Neuroscience and Experimental Therapeutics
- Third Quarter: Chantel Plaag, Molecular and Cellular Medicine
- Fourth Quarter: Mary Ann Wolff, Office of Research
- First Quarter: Soumaly Rattanasavanh, Microbial and Molecular Pathogenesis
- Second Quarter: Mandy Novosad, Humanities in Medicine
- Third Quarter: Manuela Smith, Cardiovascular Research Institute
- Fourth Quarter: Joey Dale, Business Affairs