What is the Student Employee of the Year Award?
The purpose of the Student Employee of the Year Award is to recognize an outstanding student employee for their dedication, quality of work, initiative, professionalism and contribution to the college. One award winner will be named and will receive a plaque of appreciation and a check for $300.
Who is eligible for the award?
Nominees must be a student currently performing in a Student Worker title and work an average of 15-25 hours per week with their main focus being school. They must have been employed a minimum of six (6) months at the time of nomination and must be enrolled at least ½ time (6 hours undergraduate, 5 hours graduate). Student workers are eligible to receive the award only once every five years.
How do I nominate an employee? Who can nominate?
Any member of the faculty or staff in the College of Medicine may submit a nomination. Only one nomination form per nominee per office.
Presentation of Awards
The award will be presented at a College of Medicine Holiday Reception in December.
Past Award Recipients
- Amber Galaway, Institutional Advancement, Student Employee of the Year Award
- Jordan Stautzenberger, Admissions, Student Employee of the Year Award
- Brittany Hagan, Dean's Office, Student Employee of the Year Award
- Ashlie Catchings, Academic Affairs, Student Employee of the Year Award
- Amanda Kiouses-Moreno, Dean's Office, Student Employee of the Year Award